This Agreement was last modified on 14 August 2019.
This User Agreement describes the terms and conditions which you accept by using our website or our services.
By accessing the website or using our services, you agree to the following terms with tallo, or its parent company, Good Ventures Private Limited.
We may amend this User Agreement and any linked information from time to time by posting amended terms on the website, without notice to you.
This website is an information website where users can subscribe to certain services offered by tallo. Vendors and Clients must register for an account in order to hire or sell services. tallo app enables Vendors to create a profile and sell services to Clients. We are not a party to any contractual agreements between the Vendor and Client in the complete tallo experience; we only facilitate a platform for Vendors and Clients to interact on.
We may, from time to time, and without notice, change or add to the website or the information, products or services described in it. However, we do not undertake to keep the website updated. We are not liable to you or anyone else if any error occurs in the information on the website or if that information is not current.
Before using the website or tallo app, you must read the whole User Agreement, the linked policies and information.
You will not use the service if you:
- are not able to form legally binding contracts;
- are under the age of 16;
- a person barred from receiving and rendering services under the laws of the Maldives or other applicable jurisdiction;
- are suspended from using the website or its services; or
- do not hold a valid mobile number or ID document.
All user accounts are associated with individuals. Login credentials should not be shared by users with others. The individual associated with the account will be held responsible for all actions taken by the account, without limitation.
Subject to local laws, a person over 15 but under 18 can use an adult’s account with the permission of the account holder. However, the account holder is responsible for all actions taken by the account, without limitation.
A sole proprietor may sign up for a vendor account, however, it shall be the complete responsibility of such a vendor to ensure laws and regulations are followed, required business names are communicated to clients, and other legal commitments are taken care of.
We may, at our absolute discretion, refuse to register any person or entity as a User.
You cannot transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this agreement without prior written consent.
4. Using tallo
While using the website or tallo app, you will not attempt to or otherwise do any of the following:
- post content or items in inappropriate categories or areas;
- infringe any laws, third party rights or our policies;
- fail to deliver payment for services delivered to you;
- fail to deliver Vendor Services purchased from you;
- circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to tallo;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory or offensive content (including personal information);
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or reputation systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information or using it for purposes unrelated to tallo);
- transfer your tallo account (including feedback) and username to another party without our consent;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm tallo, the website, or the interests or property of tallo users (including their Intellectual Property Rights, privacy and publicity rights) or is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy, vulgar, obscene, profane or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to, or incite hatred of, any person;
- download and aggregate listings from our app or website for display with listings from other websites without our express written permission, “frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of the Website into any other website without our prior written authorization;
- attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by us in connection with the website or app;
- copy, modify or distribute rights or content from the website or app; or
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
- use tallo to facilitate money exchange.
5. Fees and Charges
tallo does not charge commissions from projects.
We charge a monthly subscription fee from vendors, as indicated on the website. We may update the pricing at any time. Any active users of a given subscription will be notified prior to such an update.
Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in Maldivian Rufiyaa.
Vendors are responsible for paying any applicable taxes, which may be applicable depending on the jurisdiction of the services provided.
You acknowledge that you must comply with your obligations under relevant tax regulations of the Maldives.
We may display your name or business name, logo, images or other media as part of the tallo services and/or other marketing materials relating to the website or app, except where you have explicitly requested that we do not do this and we have agreed to such a request in writing.
You acknowledge that we may use the public description of your profile for marketing the website or app.
9. Feedback, Reputation, and Reviews
You acknowledge that you transfer copyright of any feedback, reputation or reviews you leave consisting of comments and any rating(s) (e.g. quality, communication, etc.) together with any composite rating by us. You acknowledge that such feedback, reputation, and reviews belong solely to us, notwithstanding that we permit you to use it on our website or app while you remain a user. You must not use, or deal with, such feedback, reputation, and reviews in any way inconsistent with our policies as posted on the website or app from time to time without our prior written permission.
10. Communication With Other Users
Communication with other users on the Website must be conducted through the chat or messaging functionality, including project chat. Negotiations or communications taken place elsewhere may not be considered in case of a dispute.
11. Identity Verification
You authorize us, directly or through third parties, to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate your identity. You must, at our request: (1) provide further information to us, which may include your date of birth and or other information that will allow us to reasonably identify you; (2) take steps to confirm ownership of your mobile number; or (3) verify your information against third party databases or through other sources.
Whether you are a vendor or a client, your interactions with other users are at your own risk. You are strongly advised against interacting with users without ID-verification.
Membership fees (if any) are non-refundable. In case of a cancellation, the user account will remain active until the subscribed membership cycle is completed.
tallo does not offer refunds for payments directly sent to vendors by clients.
If payments for a project are handled by tallo, refunds are processed following a dispute process, or upon the written consent of the intended receiving party; the Vendor.
This section refers to project payments handled by tallo.
Payments handled by tallo will be transferred to the bank account (of the same currency) provided by the vendor. If a vendor requests a USD payment to be paid out in MVR, we shall do so.
The client may choose to release a deposit payment prior to completion of a project. Such a payment will be promptly transferred to the vendor, which will thereafter be indisputable.
tallo shall take between 24-48 hours to process payments to be transferred to vendors.
tallo does not charge any fees for handling payments. However, any charges impose by the bank on a processed payment shall be deducted from the receiving party; deducted from the payment being processed.
14. Inactive Accounts
User Accounts that have not been logged into for a period of time may incur a maintenance fee per month, until either the account is closed or reactivated, for storage, bandwidth, support and management costs of providing hosting of the User’s profile, portfolio storage, listing in directories, promotion of your profile on the Website and elsewhere, file storage, message transmission, general administrative matters and message and other storage costs.
The length of the period and the amount of the maintenance fee may change from time to time, and without notice.
We reserve the right to close an Inactive Account.
We reserve the right to close an account with no reviews for a prolonged period, or an account with negative reviews exceeding 50% of the received reviews.
15. Right to Refuse Service
We may close, suspend or limit your access to your Account without reason. Without limiting the foregoing, we may close, suspend or limit your access to your Account:
- if we determine that you have breached, or are acting in breach of this User Agreement;
- if we determine that you have engaged, or are engaging, in fraudulent, or illegal activities;
- you do not respond to account verification requests;
- you do not complete the identity verification;
- to manage any risk of loss to us, a User, or any other person; or
- for other reasons.
16. Payment Management
If requested by a vendor, we may act as an escrow service for payments exchanged between the client and the vendor. For any given project, there may be a maximum 2 payments; a deposit payment and a final payment.
Deposit payment is held by tallo until either the client requests an early release, or until the project has reached completion. Then, the client is required to pay the final invoice (total cost minus deposit).
Once tallo receives all the payments from clients, the payment will be – in full – transferred to the bank account provided by the vendor. Any applicable bank transfer fees shall be deducted from the vendor.
17. Dispute Handling
In case of a dispute, the client or the vendor may open a dispute by raising a support ticket. We shall review the case, chat history and other media exchanged to reach a resolution. Any negotiations taken place outside tallo will not be considered for the dispute resolution.
Two currencies are supported by tallo; MVR (Maldivian Rufiyaa) and USD (United States Dollars). Vendor must provide us with both MVR and USD account details (for transferring payments) if the vendor plans to use both currencies for projects.
Vendor membership payments (if any) are specified in MVR (Maldivian Rufiyaa).
19. Access and Interference
You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the website via any means, including for the avoidance of doubt access to our API or application programming interface, for any purpose without our express written permission.
20. Membership Cancellation
You may choose to cancel membership at any time. The option is located in account settings of the app.
Account closure is subject to:
- not having any outstanding projects;
- resolving any outstanding matters (such as a suspension or restriction on your Account); and
- paying any outstanding fees or amounts owing on the Account.
We may retain some of your personal information to satisfy regulatory requirements and our own external obligations. Closing your account does not necessarily delete or remove all of the information we hold.
You will indemnify us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) against any claim or demand, including legal fees and costs, made against us by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement, or your infringement of any law or the rights of a third party in the course of using the Website and tallo Services.
In addition, we can apply any funds in your Account against any liabilities you owe to us or loss suffered by us as a result of your non-performance or breach of this User Agreement.
You must immediately notify us upon becoming aware of any unauthorized access or any other security breach to the Website, your Account or the tallo Services and do everything possible to mitigate the unauthorized access or security breach (including preserving evidence and notifying appropriate authorities). Your User Account is yours only, and you must not share your password with others. You are solely responsible for securing your password. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from unauthorized access of your account resulting from your failure to secure your password.
24. No Warranty as to Each User’s Purported Identity
We cannot and do not confirm each User’s purported identity on the Website. We may provide information about a User, such as a strength or risk score, geographical location, or third party background check or verification of identity or credentials. However, such information is based solely on data that a User submits and we provide such information solely for the convenience of Users and the provision of such information is not an introduction, endorsement or recommendation by us.
25. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall we, our related entities, our affiliates or staff be liable, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), or any other form of liability, for:
- any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages that may be incurred by you;
- any loss of income, business or profits (whether direct or indirect) that may be incurred by you;
- any claim, damage, or loss which may be incurred by you as a result of any of your transactions involving the Website.
The limitations on our liability to you above shall apply whether or not we, our related entities, our affiliates or staff have been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages arising.
Legal notices will be served to the email address you provide to tallo during the registration process. Notice will be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid or that the email has not been delivered. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided by you during the registration process. In such case, notice will be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.
Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
28. No Waiver
Our failure to act with respect to an anticipated or actual breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. Nothing in this section shall exclude or restrict your liability arising out of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
You consent to receive notices and information from us in respect of the Website and Services by electronic communication. You may withdraw this consent at any time, but if you do so we may choose to suspend or close your Account.
30. Additional Terms
It is important to read and understand all our policies as they provide the rules for trading on the tallo website or app. In addition there may be specific policies or rules that apply, and it is your responsibility to check our Help pages and policies to make sure you comply. Our policies, including all policies referenced in them, are part of this Agreement and provide additional terms and conditions related to specific services offered on our Websites, including but not limited to:
tallo is a registered business of Good Ventures Private Limited, established at Welcome Villa, Naseeree Magu, Hithadhoo, Addu City, Republic of Maldives.
This Agreement contains the entire understanding and agreement between you and tallo, and Good Ventures Private Limited.
32. Abusing tallo
tallo reserves to the greatest extent possible all rights, without limiting any other remedies, to limit, suspend or terminate our service(s) and or user account(s), suspend or ban access to our services, remove any content, and to take any and all technical or legal steps to ban users.
Without limiting the reasons for taking the aforementioned actions, conduct giving rise to this response could include:
- use of our services for any illegitimate or non bona fide purpose
- creating problems with other users or potential legal liabilities
- infringing the intellectual property rights of third parties
- acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of any of our policies
- abuse of any staff members including inappropriate or unreasonable communications
- any attempt to use tallo’s platform or services for any objectionable purpose