Most recent update on 14 August 2019
Our privacy obligations
tallo.mv (“ tallo“) is a registered business of Good Ventures Private Limited, a company established in the Republic of Maldives.
We will review this policy regularly, and we may update it from time to time without prior notice.
The types of personal information we collect and hold
We collect personal information about our users in order to provide our products, services, and customer support. Our products, services, and customer support are provided through multiple platforms including but not limited to: websites, phone apps, email, and telephone. The specific platform and product, service, or support you interact with may affect the personal data we collect.
Information that you specifically give us
While you use our products and services you may be asked to provide certain types of personal information. This might happen through our website, applications, online chat systems, telephone, or in-person meetings.
We may request, collect, or process the following information:
- Account Details – username, password, profile picture.
- Contact Details – email address, phone number.
- Location Details – physical address, location.
- Identity Details – full name, proof of identity (e.g. ID card or business registration document), a photograph of the user.
- Financial Information – bank account details (to transfer funds when required).
- User Generated Content – project descriptions and attachments, user profiles, user reviews, service descriptions and attachment, user messages etc.
Information we collect as you use our service
We maintain records of the interactions we have with our users, including the products, services and customer support we have provided. This includes the interactions our users have with our platform such as when a user has viewed a page or clicked a button.
In order to deliver certain products or services we may passively collect your GPS coordinates, where available from your device. Most modern devices such as smartphones will display a permission request when our platform requests this data.
When we are contacted we may collect personal information that is intrinsic to the communication. For example, if we are contacted via email, we will collect the email address used.
We may collect or process the following information:
- Metadata – IP address, computer and connection information, referring web page, standard web log information, language settings, timezone, etc.
- Device Information – device identifier, device type, device plugins, hardware capabilities, etc.
- Location – GPS position.
- Actions – pages viewed, buttons clicked, time spent viewing, search keywords, etc.
Links to other sites
How we use personal information
The information we request, collect, and process is primarily used to provide users with the product or service they have requested. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the service or product you have requested;
- to facilitate the creation of a User Agreement (see Terms of Service for more information);
- to provide technical or other support to you;
- to answer inquiries about our services, or to respond to a complaint;
- to promote our other programs, products or services which may be of interest to you;
- to allow for debugging, testing and otherwise operate our platforms;
- to conduct data analysis, research and otherwise build and improve our platforms;
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligations;
Our third party service providers
The personal information of users may be held, transmitted to or processed on our behalf outside the Maldives, including ‘in the cloud’, by our third-party service providers. Our third-party service providers are bound by contract to only use your personal information on our behalf, under our instructions.
Our third party service providers include:
- Cloud hosting, storage, networking, and related providers
- SMS providers
- Payment and banking providers
- Marketing and analytics providers
- Security providers
Other disclosures and transfers
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- if necessary to provide the service or product you have requested;
- we receive court orders, subpoenas or other requests for information by law enforcement;
- if otherwise permitted or required by law; or
- for other purposes with your consent.
To contact our Privacy Officer
If you have an inquiry or a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, or to seek to exercise your privacy rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, you may contact us:
Good Ventures Private Limited
Welcome Villa, Naseeree Magu, Hithadhoo 19020
Addu City, Republic of Maldives